Golf Course in Porto
In 1890 the first 9-hole course, named the Oporto Niblicks, was founded, entirely on sand, by a group of British golfers. At the turn of the 20th century the course was renamed Oporto Golf Club. In 1934 the course became 18 holes, the first in Portugal.
In 1978, the course was designed with a new layout, eliminating some of the road crossings that the courses were divided by. It has a great links layout with small greens, fairways and roughs which have constantly been improved, but keeping the characteristics plentiful. Situated next to the beach, the sea breeze that comes in is welcome during the warm, summer months. Being the oldest golf course in Portugal and one of the oldest in Europe, it is a delightful and enjoyable course to come and play.
The club house is of traditional design and an ideal place to relax and unwind after a day’s golf on this historic golf course.